Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Mississauga, ON
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Perform daily core in-house accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, and customer invoicing
- Performing day-to-day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting, and recording into QuickBooks Online
- Perform monthly account analysis and reconciliation, including bank statements and intercompany general ledger accounts.
- Notify and report to senior management concerning any trends that are critical to the organization’s financial performance.
- Orchestrate customer order product processing with distributors and vendors in collaboration with the sales team.
- Participate in multi-approval payments processing and online bill payments.
- Track fixed assets and prepare depreciation schedules.
- Preparation of government source deductions including WSIB, HST, EHT.
- Expense and receipts inventory, scanning, and reconciliation.
- Prepare month and quarter-end management financial reports as required by management
- Work with external accountants as necessary on ad hoc assignments and preparation of year-end accounting tasks.
- Develop process documentation for all key routine tasks and accounting functions with the maintenance of the documentation to ensure it remains current.
- Support bi-weekly Payroll function.
- Support vendor management and vendor relationships.
- Other office and administrative duties as assigned.
- 3 or more years of direct workplace book keeping and accounting experience required
- Strong knowledge and proficiency of QuickBooks Online, preparing HST returns, and generally accepted accounting principles
- Experience in IT or professional services environment
- Strong organisational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Act with fiduciary and fiscal responsibility
- Act with a positive customer service attitude
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly with an adaptable mindset
- Ability to work independently or as part of a small- to medium-size team.
- Must be willing to work at minimum 3 days on-site in office at corporate headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario.
- Must be flexible and dependable, and act with accountability/ownership.
- Formal education in accounting considered an asset
- Languages: English with fluency in French considered an asset