Bilingual Digital Workspace Engineer – Networking
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Greater Toronto Area or Greater Montreal Area
Technical expertise – demonstrate technical proficiency in resolving issues, performing basic changes, fulfilling basic service requests, and investigating monitoring alerts/events.
Incident management – resolve incidents received from the customer (in alignment with SLA’s) and/or that were created to address alerts from the MSP monitoring system.
Change management – attend weekly customer change review board meetings, write/submit change tickets, perform changes during customer change windows (typically after-hours).
Problem management – analyze customer’s incident history to determine if any trends/patterns represent an underlying problem, and if so work with customer to initiate an effort to address.
Event management – investigate alerts received from the MSP monitoring system and determine proper actions to address these alerts.
Request fulfillment – fulfill Citrix-related service requests received from the customer.
Environment management – functions include managing/administering Citrix technologies and components within the production environment, updating Citrix environment documentation, applying approved firmware and patch updates to Citrix components, assessing the health of and making recommendations to optimize the Citrix platform, and providing Citrix thought leadership.
Reports – deliver weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports containing key ticketing system metrics and other information relevant to decision-making.
Within MSP, the Digital Workspace Engineer works on the global Service Desk team and is responsible for performing the following tasks to support MSP clients:
Troubleshooting, resolving, and closing all medium and low-severity (P3/P4) incidents.
Triaging all critical and high-severity (P1/P2) incidents, including reclassifying and addressing any miscategorized incidents, or rerouting to the appropriate IT team.
Performing standard changes as defined by the client.
Fulfilling service requests that can be implemented via a standard change.
Triaging and addressing monitoring alerts, either directly or by escalating to the appropriate persons if an alert indicates a potential P1/P2 situation.
Maintaining accurate and timely ticketing system data (e.g. detailed ticket notes, accurate ticket status, following up on tickets to avoid excessive ticket aging, etc.).
The success of the Digital Workspace Engineer will be measured by this person’s ability to perform these tasks efficiently, act in a professional manner that elicits high customer NPS, and be a good teammate.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
· Troubleshoot technical issues in a Citrix environment, focusing on networking technologies.
· Obtain basic ITIL certifications within first 4-6 months in this role.
· Develop a good technical understanding of Citrix networking technologies and how to support and manage in a variety of settings.
· Learn key technical concepts around network/systems architectures, primarily in support of virtualization and cloud computing.
· Demonstrate effective problem-solving skills, whereby individuals do a level of research prior to seeking help from others.
· Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
· Maintain a calm, poised, and professional demeanor while working in potentially stressful situations with customer IT staff and/or users.
· Develop time management skills and the ability to multi-task across in support of multiple clients.
· Demonstrate the ability to effectively leverage available persons and/or resources in pursuit of learning and problem-solving.
· Provide regular and efficient updates on tasks and activities to direct manager.
Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities)
· Basic technical proficiency and aptitude to learn technical skills in a range of technical areas, primarily for Citrix NetScaler.
· Load balancing and GSLB.
· Citrix Gateway.
· Content Switching.
· NetScaler deployment in AWS, Azure, GCP
· Certificate management on NetScalers
· Intermediate experience and understanding of SSL\TLS hardening of Citrix-hosted services.
· Intermediate experience and understanding of AAA-TM and nFactor including adaptive and selective authentication.
· Intermediate experience and understanding of NetScaler SSL VPN, Endpoint Analysys Scans
· Intermediate experience and understanding of NetScaler pooled licensing architecture
· Understanding of HDX Insight, Citrix Analytics (on ADM and in Citrix Cloud for Performance and Security)
· Basic understanding of App Firewall (WAF).
· Capturing network traces and ability to conduct basic trace file analysis/triage using common tools, such as WireShark.
· Intermediate experience and understanding of core networking concepts (e.g. TCP/IP, routing, DNS, etc.).
· Citrix ADM service and ADM on-prem platforms for centralized management, alerting, ADC updates etc.
· Problem-solving ability with technical challenges.
· Aptitude to learn and apply ITIL concepts and achieve basic ITIL certifications.
· Experience with managing firewalls, CASB, and SASE solutions including Palo Alto, Cisco, Fortinet, CATO, Netskope are considered a plus
· Experience managing F5-LTM and GTM, and other load balancers such as Kemp, Nginx, Avi, Azure Load Balancing, AWS Elastic Load Balancing are a plus
· Act with a positive customer service attitude.
· Ability to work effectively in a small- to medium-size team environment.
· Must be willing to work daily on-site in a MSP office in Montreal or Toronto, Canada.
· Must have demonstrated strong academic achievement and good communication skills.
· Must be flexible and dependable, and act with accountability/ownership.
· Demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
Languages: English fluency; French preferred.
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)
· Bachelor of Science/Arts or equivalent 4 years of similar job experience.
· Bachelor of Science from an accredited university in the areas of Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Business or equivalent field of study a plus.
Citrix CCA (minimum) or CCP (preferrable) level certifications, Cisco, Palo Alto, CATO, Fortinet, ITIL, and related technical certifications are a plus.
·Must be eligible to attain Secret Clearance with the Government of Canada (citizenship/residency and background check considerations)