Citrix Escalation Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Hybrid - Greater Toronto Area or Montreal
Salary: Competitive Base + Profit Sharing
|About Ferroque Systems Inc.|
|Ferroque Systems Inc. (FSI) is a Canadian leader in digital workspaces, application delivery controllers, virtualization, and cloud technology platforms. Specialized and certified in solutions from Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware, Ferroque Systems has positively impacted the bottom lines of dozens of organizations and nearly 3MM end-users globally. Ferroque Systems firmly believes that modern businesses thrive or tank based upon their ability to harness the right technology solutions. To meet the business and technical objectives of today’s enterprise customers, Ferroque Systems provides the following capabilities:
|Ferroque Managed Services (MSP) supports, manages, reports, and monitors our customers’ Citrix production environment(s), leveraging our experience, technical knowledge, and ITIL expertise. Our team is responsible for providing reactive, proactive, and preventative services, serving as trusted advisors who understand our customers’ environments and work as an extension of their IT Operations team. In practice, MSP is primarily responsible for delivering the following operational services in our customers’ Citrix production environment(s):
Within MSP, the Escalation Technician is responsible for performing the following tasks to support MSP clients:
The success of the Escalation Technician will be measured by this person’s ability to perform the abovementioned tasks efficiently, act in a professional manner that elicits high customer NPS, and act as a Citrix technical authority.
|Primary Duties / Responsibilities|
|· Troubleshoot complex technical issues in a Citrix environment.
· Act as the Citrix technical authority/subject matter expert (SME).
· Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Obtain ITIL and Citrix technical certifications within first 6-12 months in this role.
· Possess an excellent technical understanding of Citrix technologies and how to support and manage in a variety of settings, ranging from basic to complex.
· Assist junior teammates with learning key technical concepts around desktop and server virtualization, cloud computing, and network/systems architectures.
· Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, and assist teammates with solving complex technical issues.
· Maintain a calm, poised, and professional demeanor while working in potentially stressful situations with customer IT staff and/or users.
· Possess the soft skills to be able to defuse a tense/sensitive situation, while still being able to act firmly if/when necessary.
· Possess time management skills and the ability to multi-task across in support of multiple clients.
· Demonstrate the desire and ability to continue learning new concepts and remain up-to-date on the most recent technologies, particularly Citrix technologies.
· Install, configure, and maintain the Citrix monitoring solution for customer environments.
· Provide regular and efficient updates on tasks and activities to direct manager.
|Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities)|
|· Must be willing to work daily on-site in a MSP office in Montreal or Toronto, Canada.
· Must have demonstrated strong academic achievement and good communication skills.
· Must be flexible and dependable, and act with accountability/ownership.
· Demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
· Excellent problem-solving ability with complex technical challenges.
· Act with a positive customer service attitude.
· Ability to work effectively in a small- to medium-size team environment.
· Desire and ability to provide mentoring/coaching to junior teammates.
· ITIL knowledge and ability to apply ITIL concepts in practice.
· Demonstrated technical fluency and/or expertise in a range of technical areas, based upon focus area.
o Escalation Technicians focused on virtualization will need advanced knowledge that will include but is not limited to:
§ Citrix technologies, including virtualization and image management.
§ Hypervisor technologies (VMware, Nutanix, etc.).
§ Microsoft directory services (LDAP, Active Directory, etc.).
§ Profile and policies related to end-users.
§ Windows Server OS configuration.
§ Basic level of key networking concepts (TCP/IP, routing, networking).
o Escalation Technicians focused on networking will need advanced NetScaler knowledge that will include but is not limited to:
§ Load balancing and GSLB.
§ NetScaler Access Gateway.
§ Content Switching.
§ App Firewall.
§ Intermediate level of key networking concepts (e.g. TCP/IP, routing, networking).
|Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)|
|· Bachelor of Science/Arts or equivalent 4 years of similar job experience.
o Bachelor of Science from an accredited university in the areas of Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Business or equivalent field of study a plus.
· Positive customer service- and team-oriented attitude.