Citrix-Focused Sr. Systems Administrator
Job Type: Contract
Salary: Market Rate
We are seeking an experienced Systems Administrator with Citrix expertise for one of our end clients for a 3-month contract to start.
Senior Systems Administrator is a senior level position in the Information Services Enterprise Technology department. In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and design decisions for key systems design, update procedures, and defining High Availability and/or Disaster Recovery for their defined solution. the successful candidate is responsible for all aspects of Systems and will have a shared responsibility for infrastructure security. The focus of this position is Citrix, windows based systems, implementation, monitoring, troubleshooting, capacity management, change management, and optimization.
- Research, design, plan and coordinate server infrastructure upgrades, enhancements, improvements and/or newly required service deployments
- Participate in operational and business critical projects through the scoping, planning, execution, and implementation
- Analyze service incidents and problems, identify risks, provide recommendations, and implement solutions
- Handle assigned incident tickets to resolution, escalate as necessary
- Provide guidance in the completion of health checks and performance and capacity reporting
- Prepare technical documentation and diagrams for IT policies, procedures, and infrastructures
- Act as SME for Citrix and virtualization platforms
- 5+ years working in Senior support role
- Experience with Windows Server from 2008 and above
- Experience with Azure Cloud
- Experience with VMware virtualization• Deep experience with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x
- Experience with scripting and batches using PowerShell
- Requires an understanding of the ITIL framework a
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, capable of communicating with business personnel and leadership
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills with demonstrably strong written communications skills.