Citrix Service Desk Analyst
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Hybrid - Greater Toronto Area or Montreal
Salary: Competitive Base + Profit Sharing
|About Ferroque Systems Inc.|
|Ferroque Systems Inc. (FSI) is a Canadian leader in digital workspaces, application delivery controllers, virtualization, and cloud technology platforms. Specialized and certified in solutions from Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware, Ferroque Systems has positively impacted the bottom lines of dozens of organizations and nearly 3MM end-users globally. Ferroque Systems firmly believes that modern businesses thrive or tank based upon their ability to harness the right technology solutions. To meet the business and technical objectives of today’s enterprise customers, Ferroque Systems provides the following capabilities:
|Ferroque Managed Services (MSP) supports, manages, reports, and monitors our customers’ Citrix production environment(s), leveraging our experience, technical knowledge, and ITIL expertise. Our team is responsible for providing reactive, proactive, and preventative services, serving as trusted advisors who understand our customers’ environments and work as an extension of their IT Operations team. In practice, MSP is primarily responsible for delivering the following operational services in our customers’ Citrix production environment(s):
Within MSP, the Service Desk ANalyst works on the global Service Desk team and is responsible for performing the following tasks to support MSP clients:
The success of the Service Desk Analyst will be measured by this person’s ability to perform the abovementioned tasks efficiently, act in a professional manner that elicits high customer NPS, and be a good teammate.
|Primary Duties / Responsibilities|
|· Troubleshoot technical issues in a Citrix environment.
· Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
· Obtain basic ITIL certifications within first 4-6 months in this role.
· Develop a good technical understanding of Citrix technologies and how to support and manage in a variety of settings.
· Learn key technical concepts around desktop and server virtualization, cloud computing, and network/systems architectures.
· Demonstrate effective problem-solving skills, whereby individuals do a level of research prior to seeking help from others.
· Maintain a calm, poised, and professional demeanor while working in potentially stressful situations with customer IT staff and/or users.
· Develop time management skills and the ability to multi-task across in support of multiple clients.
· Demonstrate the ability to effectively leverage available persons and/or resources in pursuit of learning and problem-solving.
· Provide regular and efficient updates on tasks and activities to direct manager.
|Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities)|
|· Must be willing to work daily on-site in a MSP office in Montreal or Toronto, Canada.
· Must have demonstrated strong academic achievement and good communication skills.
· Must be flexible and dependable, and act with accountability/ownership.
· Demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
· Problem-solving ability with technical challenges.
· Act with a positive customer service attitude.
· Ability to work effectively in a small- to medium-size team environment.
· Aptitude to learn and apply ITIL concepts and achieve basic ITIL certifications.
· Aptitude to learn technical skills such as:
o Citrix technologies.
o Hypervisor technologies (VMware, Nutanix, etc.)
o Microsoft directory services understanding (LDAP, Active Directory, etc.).
o Profile and policies related to end-users.
o Windows Server OS configuration.
o Basic Networking concepts (TCP/IP, Routing, Networking).
|Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)|
|· Bachelor of Science/Arts or equivalent 4 years of similar job experience.
o Bachelor of Science from an accredited university in the areas of Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Business or equivalent field of study a plus.